Locations of visitors to this page There and Back Again: One Freakin' Piece of Paper

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

One Freakin' Piece of Paper

Well, George the Jedi's mind powers were not enough to get ONE signature on the form we needed to have court today.  He stayed there all day Monday, but apparently getting the form done would have put somebody out too much.  So, back to the coffee shop we go to eat our favorite dessert, shacaman (a sinfully delightful chocolate cake).  As of now, court is set for Tuesday morning at 10:00 am.  That's 2:00 am for you Americanskis.  Please pray for this because it will just about be the only way we can make our Monday flights back in Kiev to get home.

On a lighter note, I deliver to you the 12 days of Christmas as it is now in Ukraine.  I realize that this will mainly cater to those of you who have been through this process, so maybe more of you need to get over here!  Go ahead and sing the song in your heads.  Ahem....

On the 1st day of Christmas my facilitator gave to me a bogus Tuesday court decree.

On the 2nd day of Christmas my facilitator gave to me 2 expensive train tickets.

On the 3rd day of Christmas my facilitator gave to me 3 apartment choices.

On the 4th day of Christmas my facilitator gave to me 4 trips to the inspector.

On the 5th day of Christmas my facilitator gave to me 5 NO-TA-RIES!!!!!!!!

On the 6th day of Christmas my facilitator gave to me 6 shots of espresso.

On the 7th day of Christmas my facilitator gave to me 7 people's dinner checks (ouch!).

On the 8th day of Christmas, my facilitator gave to me 8 pieces of chocoman (YUM!).

On the 9th day of Christmas my facilitator gave to me 9 free WIFI hotspots.

On the 10th day of Christmas my facilitator gave to me 10 different exchange rates.

On the 11th day of Christmas my facilitator gave to me 11 bumpy willage road trips.

On the 12th day of Christmas my facilitator gave to me 12 pots of chornay chai (black tea).

5 comments:

Leetha said...

I started out with such a feeling of disappointment and finished laughing so hard my sides hurt. Oh how I've been praying and now hope that you have much better news at the close of today!
Leetha

Chris G. said...

LOL!!!! That is the funniest thing I've ever read on a blog!!!! ....willage .... oh that is the icing on the shacaman!!!

Chris G.

adopting2fromUkraine said...

Hi,

I just found your blog. Wow, two trips in one year. We were there last year probably at the same time you were, though not in the same place. We arrived on December 10, 2007 and left January 16, 2008. We did make another trip in March/April, but that's a long story.

You're brave. LOL Seriously, it must be easier the second time since you've know the ropes?

Best wishes for court!
June

Tonya said...

Okay. Landon and I both laughed. I wish I had thought to write one of those 2 years ago. It would have given me something to do during all the long hours of sitting in my flat, alone, waiting for visiting hours at the orphanage.

My 12th day of Christmas would have been "12 days of waiting (instead of the normal 10)" but I can't complain because at least we got to have a non-bogus court date.

Praying that you guys will get the signature you need, and everything else they pull out of a hat to make things difficult.

Smith Family ~ "Party of Six" said...

Ande you are and forever will be the king o'the adoption bloggers. Dude... It almost tops the Commode post, which is a personal fav even to this day.

You and Paula hang tight. Let me leave you with this for today... you guys posted your All I really want for Christmas video right around this time last year... I had called you guys in Kiev and talked with you and Paula about "a kid" who was in the video you were about to post. You guys will never know how thankful Mark and I are to you both for sharing your love with one of our sons. He is SUCH a light in our lives... The wild card that he was has turned out to be the most amazing gift to us thanks to your obedience in loving on him and getting to know him. Just a little faithfulness goes a long way... check out some of his pics as Santa on our blog. You will "crack up" at his video from Thanksgiving. Pun intended :)
Love y'all...