Locations of visitors to this page There and Back Again: A Little More

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Little More

Hey everyone! Ande usually does the blogging, but I wanted to enter a quick post today. I thought this would be a blessing to many of you, especially those who go to Brook Hills and have heard David Platt's Radical series.

Our youngest son, Noah, has been saving for quite some time for an Ipod Touch. But as I was leaving for Ukraine he came and gave me $30 US. He asked me to give it to some poor babushka's in Ukraine. We prayed that God would show me who to share the money with. Babushkas are these poor grandmothers that receive less than $100 dollars a month pension (many receive much less). I saw a little lady near the metro yesterday who was sitting out in the freezing cold selling something worthless to make a little extra money. I continued to think about her last night, and I was so excited to see her this morning again. I walked over and placed $10 in her shriveled hand and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I hoped to quietly slip away, but she started yelling to everyone around in Russian. I have no idea what she said, but she was very excited. I did the same thing later today with another babushka. I told her that God loves her, and again slipped her the money. Her reaction was quiet but she could not stop thanking us. I have to tell you that there have been few times when giving felt so good. I know that God moved me to give the money to these 2 ladies. I don't know their stories. I'll never see them again. But a little boy in America has done his part today in caring for widows. I know that his Father in heaven is smiling. And so are his mom and dad. May we all have hearts like our children this coming holiday season and throughout the year.

Blessings,
Paula

2 comments:

Olga said...

Oh, wow, Paula, I am sitting here crying while reading this wonderful testimony. Bless Noah's little heart, I know that His Father in Heaven is very pleased!
I love you, guys!

Olga

Jennifer said...

Tears here too. That is beautiful!!