Locations of visitors to this page There and Back Again: Having a Nice Time

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Having a Nice Time


We had 3 days with our daughter in our flat. She went back to the orphanage this afternoon. While communication was difficult, I must admit that I was very sad for her to go. Thankfully, we were able to go around the corner for just the right thing...espresso and tiramisu! There is a new, modern, swanky coffeehouse (called Coffee Life, of course) nearby with free wifi. It is fantastic.

We spent part of the day with Masha, Avraam, Dasha, and Yana the translator. We had a great time at McDonald's and back at our flat watching a movie. Thankfully, we have some movies in Russian. It is so amazing to be here with these children and the history we have had with them. (Paula writing now) Terri, we got Avraam a new Sim card-I'll email the number to you. He is so great. Always smiles. Masha is such a sweetie, too. She always hangs on to my arm or my hand. I absolutely love it. It was great for our daughter to have some friends over with her. She told Yana that things have been good and she is enjoying our time together. Praise God we have not bored her to death! We are having to learn to give her some space. She is so shy, and I just want to love on her all the time. But she is 14, so I will try to contain myself. She is not real big on having her picture taken, but she'll get used to it.

I do have a prayer request. BTW, M-17, we really miss you today! Paula is having chest pains again. This happened the last time we were here, and she saw a cardiologist last spring. They thought it was mitrovalve prolapse, but decided it's just an irregular heartbeat. It hasn't been troublesome for the last several months. But, as they say it is more stress-related, Paula is having a lot of pain now. Please pray for it to go away and for there not to be any complications. Also, we hope to get our date tomorrow or Tuesday for court.

Thanks so much for all of you that have posted. You cannot imagine how excited we are to check the blog each day! Jenn, thanks for all the tips.

Blessings,
Ande & Paula

7 comments:

Student Life said...

Beautiful picture! Wow. So happy things are going well. Please hug kids for us all and we are continuing to pray for a smooth process for you. Love Randy and Valerie Hall in Poltava

Dunham Family said...

She is beautiful, what a great smile! I look forward to your postings. We are praying....

terri garver said...

Thanks so much for loving on the kids there! It means so much to them and to us waiting here. Dasha looks so much like Paula, it is meant to be.Love yall!

Dedy Werk said...

Hi Ande and Paula, We are praying for you and looking forward to seeing the kids tomorrow night. We have missed all of you. I am thankful that things are going well. We will be praying about your chest pains. Dasha looks great I can't believe how long her hair has gotten! We prayed for you in M17 today. We all miss you. Enyoy each day. God is with you so all things are possible. Love The Werk Family

Nichols Family said...

What a great picture! Thanks for posting so we can keep up with your journey. We are praying for you every morning and for the whole process. We miss y'all and look forward to your return soon. It was good to talk with y'all this morning!
See you soon,
Love, The Nichols family

Suzette said...

Oh my gosh! I can't get over how much she looks like Paula! God is so awesome! We love ya'll and look forard to you getting back home. The Davie Clan

Ministry Happens in Ukraine said...

Just wanted to know I'm following along and praying too. I love the picture; I remember her I think from 2005. I think I may even have a couple pictures.